Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Pistachio, Apricot & Cherry Granola Bars – Gluten Free
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
SERVES/YIELD: 8x8 pan
- 1 cup Gustare Pistachio, Apricot & Cherry Granola (be sure to use gluten-free oats when making it)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats*
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats, finely ground**
- 1 cup pistachios
- ¼ cup dried apricots, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 egg
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Process ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats in food processor until ground to flour-like consistency.
Combine all dry ingredients, including ground oats, in medium bowl. Set aside.
Whisk together honey, egg, and Blood Orange olive oil. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well to distribute.
Pour into 8×8 pan brushed with Blood Orange olive oil. Press evenly with spatula to level and flatten, being mindful to fill corners.
Bake for 25 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. Enjoy!
*While oats themselves do not contain gluten, they are frequently grown or processed in the vicinity of wheat and other gluten-containing products and are therefore subject to cross-contamination. Gluten-free oats are available in the health food section of most supermarkets.
**You may substitute ½ cup gluten-free oat flour for the ground oats and skip step No. 2 in the directions.