Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
- 1 hothouse cucumber, halved and seeded (not peeled)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 cups tomato juice
- ¼ cup Gustare Barbaresco Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Gustare Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Harissa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
Roughly chop the cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes and red onion into 1-inch pieces. Add each vegetable separately to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped (pulsing avoids pulverizing). Vegetables should be approximately ¼ inch once processed. Set aside in large bowl.
Combine chopped vegetables with remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill for several hours, or overnight to develop flavors. Enjoy!
Peeling tomatoes is easier and faster than you think. Just score an x on the end of each tomato. Blanch in boiling water for 60 seconds, then remove and immediately submerge in ice water. Skin will begin to curl and can be quickly peeled either by hand or with a knife.
- With a slice of grilled olive bread brushed with olive oil
- In a small glass with an Oven Roasted Shrimp perched on the rim