Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup Gustare Hojiblanca Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 6 limes
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. 1830 Cape Cod Sea Salt
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 large onion, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 each large green and red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch strips
- Cut the chicken breasts into ½-inch strips and add to a shallow, nonreactive dish for marinating. In a small bowl, combine the Hojiblanca olive oil, lime juice, seasoning, salt and mix well. Pour over chicken and marinate, covered with wrap, for 30-60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook the chicken, preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place the tortillas directly on an oven rack to warm.
- Transfer the chicken from the marinade to a large skillet, reserving the marinade. Cook the chicken over medium-high heat until done, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Add the onion, bell peppers and reserved marinade to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring constantly. Add the chicken to the skillet and stir briefly.
- Remove the tortillas from the oven and place them on a plate with a cover to keep them warm. Place the chicken mixture in a serving dish and get ready to enjoy some fajitas!
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Guacamole, salsa, cool crème fraîche, and your favorite shredded cheese