Inspired by Jen K…our favorite Chatham scalloper
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 for dinner; 4 for appetizer
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Italian Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a little more for drizzling
- ¾ – 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 ½ tbsp. plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- ¼ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. Cape Cod Sea Salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add olive oil into an ovenproof au gratin or casserole dish (1-1½ quart) covering the bottom. Add scallops, flat side down, in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine panko, Parmigiano, Old Bay, parsley, salt and pepper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the scallops. Add a fine drizzle of olive oil for a golden brown top. Bake for 15 minutes. Add a squeeze of lemon juice before serving. Enjoy!
- Superb when served over angel hair pasta that has been tossed with Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil and garnished with thinly sliced lemons
- When using bay scallops, reduce cooking time by 5 minutes