Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Jen’s Baked Scallops
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
SERVES/YIELD: 2 for dinner; 4 for appetizer
Inspired by Jen K…our favorite Chatham scalloper
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus a little more for drizzling
- ¾ pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp. Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
- ¼ tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Pour Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil into a small, ovenproof casserole dish (1-1½ quart) covering the bottom. Add scallops in a single layer.
In a small bowl, combine panko, Parmigiano, Old Bay, parsley and salt. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the scallops. Add a fine drizzle of olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- Superb when served over angel hair pasta that has been tossed with Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil and garnished with thinly sliced lemons
- When using bay scallops, reduce cooking time by 5 minutes