Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 cup fresh shiitake and/or baby portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Taleggio and/or Fontina cheese
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and mushrooms and sauté until just barely golden.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute. Pour in the white wine and reduce by half.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Simmer the sauce for another minute before adding the cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is completely combined and taste. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve over fresh pasta with a sprinkle of Parmigiano cheese over the top, if desired. Enjoy!