Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Sweet & Spicy Tomato-Corn Salsa
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
SERVES/YIELD: Approximately 2½ cups
- 1½ pounds ripe, fresh Roma, cherry or tomatoes, seeded and chopped*
- 1 ear sweet corn, kernels removed or 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 tbsp. Gustare Cilantro-Roasted Onion Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 scallions, chopped (white and light green parts)
- 2 tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Zest of one lime
- 1 tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp. Gustare Piedmont Honey & Pepper Balsamic
Warm Cilantro-Roasted Onion olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and sauté 2-3 minutes, until just golden. Allow to cool in separate bowl.
Prep salsa while corn is cooling. Combine all remaining ingredients in large bowl. Add cooled corn and stir gently. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Option: Blend in 1 avocado, diced.
*or seeded and pulsed in a food processor until desired consistency