Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for finishing
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, chopped and rinsed well in a sieve or colander
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 28-oz. can whole tomatoes (preferably Cento), chopped, with their juices
- 1½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half-inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash, cut in half-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for serving, if desired
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Gaeta or Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1½ pounds cod, cut into 3-inch pieces
- In a Dutch oven, warm the Tuscan Herb olive oil over low heat. Add onions, leeks, a good pinch of salt and pepper and sauté until beginning to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add tomatoes, stock, and beans. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove ½ cup of beans with a little broth and place in a small bowl. Mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth and return to pot. Stir to combine.
- Add vegetables, herbs, ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. pepper and olives. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add fish, without stirring into the stew, and continue to simmer until fish is cooked, 5-8 minutes depending upon thickness of fish.
- Ladle stew into bowls and, if desired, add a sprinkle of chopped parsley and a drizzle of Tuscan Herb olive oil and serve with warm, crusty bread. Enjoy!