Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Cream of Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: Approximately 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Harissa Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced (approximately 1½ cup)
- 8 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 4 large red bell peppers, seeded, roasted, peeled, and chopped … or 2 jars of Roasted Red Peppers, drained
- 2, 28-oz. cans tomato puree
- 1 bunch (2½-oz. pack) fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1½ tsp. dried basil
- 1½ tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup fresh grated Romano cheese
- 2 cup half & half
Heat 2 tbsp. Harissa olive oil over medium high heat and sauté onion until transparent, approximately 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute or so.
Add wine and reduce by half.
Add stock, bouillon, roasted peppers, tomato puree, fresh basil, and remaining seasonings and simmer 20-30 minutes.
Remove from heat and puree soup until smooth.
Add cheese and half & half, and stir to melt.
To serve, drizzle each serving with Harissa olive oil and garnish with a sprig of basil.