Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
- ½ ciabatta, cut lengthwise (4½ cups approximately)
- 2 tbsp. + ½ cup of your favorite Gustare extra virgin olive oil varietal
- 1 tbsp. capers or caper berries
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp. anchovy paste or 1 anchovy filet
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Barbaresco Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 5-6 ripe tomatoes (approximately 1½ pounds), peeled, quartered, seeded, and cubed
- 1 cup cucumber, cut lengthwise, seeded and cut in ¼-inch crescents
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, garlic clove discarded
- 1 tbsp. chiffonade fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut or tear bread into ¾-inch pieces. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash capers, garlic and anchovy paste and salt until smooth. Gradually add ½ cup olive oil, wine vinegar and lemon juice while whisking to combine. (Using a food processor works well, too.) Set aside.
- Add toasted bread cubes to a large shallow bowl, followed by tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, peppers, and basil. Pour dressing over the salad and toss to coat well. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!