Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 pound meatloaf mix (beef/pork/veal)
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
Colcannon Topping Ingredients
- 3 cups kale, rinsed, stemmed, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Sea salt
- 5 tbsp. Rosemary olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush 1½-quart baking dish with 1 tablespoon Rosemary olive oil. Set aside.
- Cook meat in a large skillet over medium low heat, until meat is still slightly pink, approximately 8 minutes. Drain fat and set aside meat in separate bowl.
- To the same skillet add 2 tablespoons Rosemary olive oil, onions and carrots and sauté over medium low heat until carrots are nearly tender. Add stock, tomato paste, herbs and seasoning. Simmer until the mixture begins to thicken, approximately 10 minutes. Stir in peas. Pour mixture into oven-proof dish and set aside.
- Steam kale for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, add to small bowl and set aside.
- Choose a pot large enough to hold the potatoes and cool water to cover. Add ½ tablespoon sea salt, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and leave the lid askew, cooking for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain, add to a large bowl and mash. Stir in 4 tablespoons olive oil, egg, ½ teaspoon sea salt, pepper, kale, and scallions until well blended. Spoon Colcannon mixture onto cooked filling and spread evenly with a knife or spatula.
- Brush lightly with remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until just golden. Enjoy!