Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35-45 minutes
Ingredients for the cake
- ½ cups Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more to grease pans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups washed and dried blueberries (reserve ½ cup for garnish)
Ingredients for the glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease 8 one-cup mini bundt pans or an 8-cup bundt pan with Whole Fruit Lemon EV Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until light yellow and thickened. Add ½ cup olive oil, lemon zest, vanilla, and sour cream.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until well blended. Fold in 1½ cups blueberries. Evenly distribute batter into prepared pans. Bake mini bundt pans for 35-40 minutes (full size bundt pan for 45-50 minutes) or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before inverting.
- While the cakes are cooking, simmer balsamic and honey in a small saucepan for 8 minutes and set aside until cake is cool enough to glaze.
- Unmold cakes, allow to cool completely and brush with balsamic glaze. Evenly distribute reserved blueberries onto the tops of the cakes and brush with a little glaze. Serve immediately. Enjoy!