Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery root, peeled and finely chopped
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly grated, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Gustare Sherry Reserva Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 4 slices good white bread with crusts, cut into large pieces (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ pound ground pork
- ½ pound ground beef chuck
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- ¼ cup Gustare 18-Year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- Position oven rack in the center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees.
- Heat the Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the onion, carrot, celery root, salt, and pepper, stirring frequently until softened. Add garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Add Sherry Reserva wine vinegar and simmer briskly until completely gone, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- In a shallow dish large enough to hold all the bread, soak the bread in the milk until completely soggy but not coming apart, 5-10 minutes, depending upon your choice of bread. Lightly squeeze out excess milk. On a cutting board, finely chop and then add to the bowl of cooled vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and herbs and add to the vegetables. Add the meats, salt and pepper. With every cook’s favorite tool (your clean hands!) gently combine the mixture careful not to compact it. Line the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with parchment. Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the baking pan and shape into a “loaf,” approximately 10×4.
- In a small bowl, mix together glaze ingredients and spread on top of meatloaf. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted in the center reads 160 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter and cut into 1-inch slices. Enjoy!