Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Servings: 20 small brownies
- 9 ozs. bittersweet chocolate pieces
- ⅔ cup Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for greasing pan
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup almonds, ground in food processor
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8×10 baking dish with Gustare Blood Orange olive oil.
- Place chocolate in the top of a double boiler, melt. Stir in olive oil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, ground almonds, sugar, and zest. Add to melted chocolate and stir to blend. In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, flour, cinnamon, and chili powder and sift into the chocolate mixture.
- Stir to blend. Stir in chopped walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes, then unmold to cooling rack. Cool, cut into squares and enjoy!