This is a truly delightful salad…uplifting to brighten even the gloomiest days, and fresh enough to cool the steamiest. Well balanced, it offers the palate a little bit of everything – a little sweet, a little savory, the tiniest hint of spice, herbal notes with some toasty crunch and soft, fruity flesh. For the body, it boasts a generous dose of antioxidants and Vitamins A, C, and E, along with the almond-based iron and protein. Try it out and bring a little sunshine to your salad.
Prep Time: 10 min
Toast Time: 15 min
Dietary Specifications: Vegan, Gluten Free
1-2 fresh mango
½ C toasted sliced almonds
2 Tbls fresh basil, chiffonade cut
zest of 1 lime
1/8 tsp Cape Cod Sea Salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds in single layer on sheet tray brushed with Gustare Basil Olive Oil. Toast 15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk olive oil, balsamic, lime zest, sea salt and pepper in separate bowl. Set Aside.
- Carefully pull apart endive leaves and rinse. Arrange on serving plates.
- Cut mango into ½ inch cubes.
- Divide evenly, and top endive leaves with mango.
- Rinse and pat dry basil leaves. Stack them, roll them tightly together from base to tip, and slice crosswise into thin strips or “ribbons” to chiffonade. Sprinkle over mango.
- Scatter toasted almonds evenly over salads.
- Drizzle with dressing. Enjoy!
*Make prep and assembly even quicker by toasting almonds and mixing the dressing up to several days in advance. In fact, allowing the ingredients to infuse over time will result in an even more flavorful dressing overall. It’s a win-win. Toast some extra almonds for a heart-healthy, protein-packed snack all week long!
*Not a fan of endive? No problem. Use baby spinach, arugula, or a mix of your favorite greens instead. This is a delicious, refreshing salad either way.
*Pre-set your table with this salad just before guests arrive to create a truly cheerful, welcoming dining experience.