Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cups arugula, rinsed and packed
- 1 cup fresh basil, rinsed and packed
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- ½ cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ cup your favorite Gustare extra virgin olive oil varietal
- Toast pine nuts in heated skillet until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, except olive oil, in food processor fitted with a metal blade.
- Pulse while slowly drizzling olive oil into mixture. Scrape sides of bowl as needed to properly incorporate all ingredients. Pulse to desired consistency…less for a coarse, chunky pesto, and longer for a smoother pesto.
Serving Suggestion: This powerfully flavorful, nutty pesto is delicious over pasta, as a sandwich condiment, a pizza topping, or served simply with sliced heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.