Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Hearty 13-Bean Soup
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 1 ¼ - 1 ½ hours
- 2 cups multi-bean soup combination (I used Bob's Red Mill 13-Bean Soup Mixture)
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- ½ large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 14 ½ oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 4 oz frozen spinach (no need to thaw)
- 2 ½ tsp. Jansal Valley Chile-Lime Powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. 1830 Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
Soak beans in water overnight. Rinse and drain excess water before use. Set aside.
Heat Gustare Garlic Olive Oil in stock pot over medium heat.
Once hot, add onion, celery and garlic. Sauté 8-10 minutes, or until tender.
Add broth, drained beans and all remaining ingredients. Stir.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 1 ¼ – 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender but still maintain their shape. Serve and enjoy!