Salad Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 pound fresh beets, cooked and sliced
- 3 oranges, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 3 tbsp. orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Roasted French Walnut Oil
- 2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast walnuts on a baking sheet until golden brown or about 10 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly and chop. Set aside.
- Pat beets dry. On a serving platter, arrange beets and orange slices in an overlapping pattern. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice and salt. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Pour dressing over salad. Make ½ cup of thin slivers of Parmigiano-Reggiano with a vegetable peeler. Scatter over the salad. Season with pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!