Active Time: 25 minutes
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Gustare 18-Year Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup banana liqueur
- 4 bananas, firm; two quartered and the other two sliced in rounds
- ¼ cup dark spiced rum
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Cook and stir butter, brown sugar, 18-Year Traditional balsamic, and cinnamon over low heat, until sugar dissolves.
- Add banana liqueur, followed by the bananas.
- Add rum and continue to cook just long enough to ensure that rum is hot but bananas remain firm and maintain textural integrity.
- Remove from heat and puree soup until smooth.
- Ignite rum, using torch or fire-light stick. Allow to burn and subside.
- Spoon warm bananas and sauce over vanilla bean ice cream. Enjoy!