Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: Overnight
Yield: 1½ cups, approximately 2 servings
- 5 tsp. Gustare Apricot Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cups dried apricots, snipped lengthwise into strips
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup mini kiwi, sliced
- Toasted coconut, for garnish
- Soak apricots in Apricot balsamic and set aside.
- Combine quinoa, coconut milk, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. Stir.
- Add soaked apricots, along with any residual, unabsorbed balsamic.
- Allow mixture to sit overnight.
- Add blackberries and kiwi when ready to serve. Garnish with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
- For a thinner result, add soaked apricots with their balsamic the next morning, along with blackberries and kiwi. Once assembled, quinoa may be stored in the refrigerator for 48 hours without berries causing discoloration.
- Although originally intended as a breakfast item, several lucky tasters also suggested serving the overnight quinoa as a make-ahead, chilled, light summer evening dessert, as an alternative to rice pudding.