Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1½-2 pounds Roma tomatoes (about 5 medium-large)
- ¼ cup your favorite Gustare Extra Virgin Olive Oil, approximately
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a sheet pan with Silpat or parchment paper, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While water is boiling, set a large bowl nearby half filled with ice cubes and cold water. Working with a few tomatoes at a time, blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 5-10 seconds or until the skin begins loosen. Remove and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain on a kitchen towel until all tomatoes are blanched and cool enough to handle.
- Using a paring knife, remove tomato skin, quarter and seed. Place on prepared sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Distribute pressed garlic evenly and sprinkle with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Roast until the tomatoes begin to shrink, 45-60 minutes, depending upon size. Transfer to a container, add a good drizzle of olive oil and refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
- Add to sautéed dark, leafy greens
- Serve alongside fresh ricotta to top baguette slices or cracker
- Between a grilled cheese of mozzarella and arugula
- Topping for a simple pizza with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano