Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 quart fresh blueberries, rinsed
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Wild Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2½ tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Combine half of the blueberries, Wild Blueberry balsamic, sugar, extract, and zest in saucepan and bring to a near boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened, approximately 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and remaining blueberries.
- Spoon it over ice cream, yogurt or fresh ricotta cheese
- Serve as an accompaniment to either our Lemon Yogurt Cake or Olive Oil & Orange Cake
- Stir it into oatmeal or overnight quinoa for breakfast