Yield: 3 cups
- 1 pound dried, rinsed Great Northern white beans
- 1 2-inch sprig of fresh rosemary
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery rib, diced
- ½ cup diced (canned) tomatoes in juice
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup Gustare Frantoio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, add all of the ingredients except the parsley and olive oil. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, partially covered, for approximately 4 hours or until the beans are tender and fully cooked. Add more water as necessary. Allow the beans to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a food processor, ladle cooked beans along with remaining liquid. Add parsley and ¼ cup olive oil and process until smooth or desired consistency is reached. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Lightly toast thin slices of a crusty baguette or ciabatta and spread each slice with bean spread. Drizzle a few drops of Frantoio olive oil, or, for a little heat, substitute with Gustare Harissa Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Spoon some of the bean spread into a serving bowl placed on a platter. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of Frantoio olive oil (or your Gustare favorite) over the top. Add chunks of crusty bread, crackers or vegetable sticks to the platter for dipping.