Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 cup hot half & half
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Gustare White Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Gruyere, divided
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle the florets with salt and steam for 8 minutes until slightly tender but still firm.
- In a heavy sauce pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Gradually whisk the flour into the melted butter until no dry spots remain. Pour the hot milk and half & half into the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly until it comes to a boil. Continue whisking for 1 minute until thickened and then remove from heat. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, freshly ground pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon of White Truffle olive oil, ½ of Gruyere and ½ of Parmigiano.
- Butter a 2-3 quart, shallow baking dish or casserole. Place the drained cauliflower into the baking dish and pour the sauce evenly over the cauliflower. Combine the remaining tablespoon of butter with the remaining teaspoon of White Truffle olive oil and toss with the breadcrumbs and remaining ½ cup of Gruyere and sprinkle on top of the casserole. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the casserole is bubbling. Enjoy!