(Adapted from “Beach House Cooking: Good Food for the Great Outdoors” by Charles Pierce)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. Gustare Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- ¼ cup Gustare Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 small papaya
- 2 mangoes
- 2 kiwifruits
- Zest of 1 lemon, cut into long julienne
- Zest of 1 lime, cut into long julienne
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, mustard, salt, and white pepper until the honey dissolves. Add the oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is thick and emulsified. You should have about ¼ cup. Cover and chill until serving.
- To make the salad, halve and seed the cantaloupe and the papaya. Using a melon baller, form attractive rounds of the flesh of each. Alternatively, peel and cut the flesh into small cubes. Peel the mangoes and cut the flesh into 1-inch cube. Peel the kiwifruits, cut in half lengthwise, and slice thickly.
- Combine all the fruits in a large bowl, cover and chill well, at least 2 hours. Just before serving, pour the dressing over the fruit and stir gently to coat. Spoon into a chilled glass bowl, garnish with the lemon and lime julienne, and serve immediately. Enjoy!