Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- ¼ cup Gustare Apricot Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Blossom Sicilian Honey
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Pinch of finely ground black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ honeydew melon, seeded
- 1 nectarine, pitted
- 1 mango, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut in chiffonade
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the Apricot balsamic, honey, lime juice, orange juice, zest, and seasonings. Stir until well blended and heated through, approximately 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Select a large, non reactive bowl for fruit. Using a melon baller, scoop out the melon and add to the bowl. Slice the nectarine into thin wedges and add to the bowl. Chop mango into bite-size pieces and add to the bowl. Depending upon size, quarter the strawberries and add to the bowl. Larger strawberries can be quartered and then halved crosswise. Add whole blueberries and raspberries to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss gently to cover. Wrap and refrigerate for an hour or two so flavors blend and the fruit is chilled. Just before serving add the basil and stir gently to combine. Serve in a pretty dessert dish. Enjoy!