Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped (approximately ½ cup)
- 2 small or 1 large leek, trimmed of dark green, chopped (approximately 1-1½ cups)
- 1½ cup arborio rice
- ½ cup Chardonnay
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (not pencil thin) cut in 1½ pieces
- 8 ozs. fresh peas
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup finely grated Parmigiano, plus more for finishing
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pour stock into a medium saucepan set on medium until very warm. Reduce to simmer and keep warm.
- Add ¼ cup of Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil, shallot and leeks to a large, heavy bottomed pan and saute for 5 minutes until just becoming tender. Stir in rice, coating well and cook for about a minute. Add wine, stir and cook until wine is absorbed, 3-5 minutes. Stir in asparagus.
- Begin adding the hot stock one ladle at a time, stirring continuously until all the broth is absorbed before adding another. When at least 4 cups of stock are used, rice should be tender but slightly al dente, cooking approximately 22 minutes.
- Stir in peas, thyme, seasonings, Parmigiano, and lemon juice and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 10 minutes. You may want to stir in a splash of remaining stock just before plating. Enjoy!
Note: Drizzle just a bit of Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil and a sprinkle of Parmigiano at the table for a delicious finishing touch.