- 1 navel orange, sectioned
- 1 ripe Haas avocado
- 1½ tbsp. Gustare Picual Extra Virgin Olive Oil or your favorite Gustare EVO varietal
- ½ tbsp. orange juice, freshly squeezed (see note)
- A good pinch of sea salt and pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 tsp. finely chopped parsley, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- Cut avocado in half from stem to bottom. Open and remove seed. Carefully peel or, with a paring knife, cut off skin. Slice each half into 4 or 5 wedges.
- Combine olive oil, orange juice, salt and pepper. Stir in parsley. Arrange orange sections and avocado wedges alternately in a shallow soup plate or large dinner plate in a pinwheel design. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the fruit.
- Garnish with a small a few sprigs of basil in the center of the pinwheel. Whatever vinaigrette remaining in your dish is great for dipping a warm slice of your favorite crusty bread. Enjoy!