Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and stem end trimmed
- ¼ cup Gustare Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup shaved Parmigiano cheese
- Shave or slice the Brussels sprouts as thinly as possible. This can be done on a mandolin, using the slicing disk of a food processor, or simply by using a very sharp knife. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the Arbequina olive oil over medium-high heat. Begin by sautéing the shallots until they just begin to caramelize on the edges. Add the shaved Brussels sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened, and begin to caramelize. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste. Toss well to combine.
- Serve drizzled with Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil and shaved Parmigiano cheese. Enjoy!