Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 2 (with a little leftover for tomorrow’s lunch)
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 10-oz. package of cremini mushrooms, brushed clean and sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 bunch asparagus (8-9 ozs., not the pencil thin variety) washed and trimmed in 2-inch bias cuts 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- ½ cup vegetable (or chicken) stock
- ½ pound mezzi rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more to pass at the table
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom olive oil on medium-low heat. Add garlic to infuse the olive oil. Remove garlic when it begins to color.
- Add mushrooms, a good pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté until the mushrooms begin to brown around the edges.
- While the mushrooms cook, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and the asparagus. Parboil for 3 minutes. Drain and add to mushrooms.
- Stir in parsley, stock, and simmer on very low heat. Bring a large stockpot of water to a boil. Add a tablespoon of salt and stir in pasta. Cook until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and return to the stockpot. Add a good drizzle of Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom olive oil and toss to coat. Add the cooked vegetables, Parmigiano shavings, and plate. Finish with a fine drizzle of Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom olive oil and additional Parmigiano shavings, if desired. Enjoy!