Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Approximately 1 cup
- 1 pound tomatillos, quartered or to similar size
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2-3 tbsp. Gustare Chipotle or Harissa Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Gustare Piedmont Honey & Pepper Balsamic
- 1 tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp. sea salt plus a pinch
- ⅛ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil on sheet pan. Place tomatillos on one side of a baking sheet and onions on the other. Broil about 4 inches from the element or until tomatillos are slightly blackened and the onions begin to char, turning the onions after 5 minutes.
- Pulse broiled onions in food processor 3 times. Add tomatillos and pulse twice. Mixture should be chunky.
- Warm olive oil in a skillet set over med-high heat. Add tomatillo mixture, Honey & Pepper balsamic and lime juice to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer and stir 2-3 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat. Add salt, chopped cilantro and garlic. Chill completely. Enjoy!
- Add one peeled, seeded and diced avocado
- Add 1 tablespoon seeded, finely diced fresh tomato for appealing color
- Delicious with traditional taco chips or raw vegetables or try it spooned over grilled chicken or fish