Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Dietary Specifications: vegan, gluten free
- 2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and dried
- 4 tbsp. Gustare Leek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 ½ tbsp. grated ginger root
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- zest of a lime
- 1 tsp. 1830 Sea Salt, plus more for roasting
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper, plus more for roasting
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 13 ½ oz can coconut milk
- 13 ½ oz can light coconut milk
- 13 ½ oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush sheet tray with Gustare Leek Olive Oil and set aside.
- Slice leeks in half lengthwise. Slice each half into ½ inch thick half moons. Cover slices with cold water, then drain and rinse in a strainer. Repeat 2-3 times to ensure removal of any remnants of soil. Set aside.
- Cut sweet potato into ½ inch cubes.
- Toss leeks and sweet potatoes in 2 tbsp. Gustare Leek Olive Oil. Spread onto prepared sheet tray and season with 1830 Sea Salt and pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes, or until just tender but not mushy.
- Prepare coconut curry while vegetable are roasting. Heat 2 tbsp. Gustare Leek Olive Oil in sauté pan over medium low heat.
- Add garlic, ginger root, cumin, curry, lime zest, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir together to form a paste. Add maple syrup. Stir.
- Add coconut milk gradually, stirring constantly. A silicone whisk works perfectly to dissolve and evenly distribute the seasonings.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Add chickpeas, sweet potatoes and leeks. Stir to combine and coat evenly.
- Enjoy over Basmati or brown rice.