Serves: 4 as a side dish
- 4-5 golden beets, stems and leaves removed
- Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1830 Sea Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly grated
- 4-5 thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash beets and dry thoroughly. Place prepared beets in an ovenproof dish and drizzle 1 tablespoon of Blood Orange olive oil over the beets. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Add the thyme sprigs, cover tightly with foil and roast until tender for 45-60 minutes, depending upon size.
- Test for tenderness by inserting a sharp knife in the beets. It should go in very easily. Remove from oven. Cool slightly and remove skin with a paring knife. Slice and plate beets (either individual salad plates or a platter).
- Drizzle with additional Blood Orange olive oil. Taste and correct for seasoning. Serve immediately. Enjoy piping hot, at room temperature or over salad greens with your favorite vinaigrette.