(Inspired by Catherine Walthers’ “Raising the Salad Bar”)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 bunch watercress, roughly chopped (about 2 cups) or minced parsley
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 5 radishes, cut into matchsticks or grated
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, diced (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or substitute a bit of Gustare Harissa or Herbes de Provence EVOs for additional flavor)
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Add quinoa, salt and 1½ cups water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 13 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat and let the quinoa sit for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooled quinoa, watercress, cucumber, carrot, radishes, and red pepper (if desired). To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Add to the quinoa and vegetables and toss gently to combine.
Note: If there is any leftover salad, you can refresh it with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil and serve at room temperature.