It’s a swelteringly hot summer day. Sauna-like. You know those days. Everyone in the family just wants something – anything – to take the edge off the heat, and our plum berry popsicles are an incredibly easy homemade treat you can feel good about giving them. Sweetened naturally with frozen fruit, a hint of agave and the slight refreshing tang of Gustare Italian Plum Whole Fruit Vinegar, these vibrant popsicles blend together in minutes and freeze overnight. To be adored by big and little kids alike. They should be a staple in every family’s freezer this summer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 10-12 popsicles
Dietary Specifications: vegan, gluten free
- 2C frozen mixed berries
- 2C sugar free berry-flavored seltzer
- 2 ½ Tbsp Gustare Italian Plum Whole Fruit Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp agave
- Combine berries, seltzer, Gustare Italian Plum Whole Fruit Vinegar and agave in blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pour popsicle mixture into molds until full and flush with rim of mold.
- Insert popsicle sticks until only 1/3 of the stick is visible beyond the base of the pop. Scrape excess fruit puree if necessary to ensure that popsicles remain level and uniform.
- Freeze overnight.
Note: The puree for this popsicle is rather fluid. Using a vertical popsicle mold will yield the best results, with no sticky mess. Even better, my molds included a fitted top mat with slits, which is placed over the filled molds. The popsicle sticks are then inserted into the popsicles through the slits, which stabilizes them until the popsicle solidifies. If your molds do not contain this added little gem, simply freeze your popsicles for 45 minutes-1 hour before inserting your sticks. You need the mixture to be just firm enough to securely support the weight of the sticks and hold them upright.