Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 3 ripe pears
- 1 tbsp. Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 cups arugula, washed and spun dry
- 6-8 ozs. goat cheese (or more, if desired)
- Gustare Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar, to taste
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives freshly ground pepper
- Wash and dry pears. Cut pears in half lengthwise, keeping stem in place, if possible. Core. On the curved side, slice off a small piece so that pear sits firmly when plated.
- Warm the Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil and butter in a pan large enough to hold the pears. Add pears cut side down and cook for about 12 minutes or until pears are tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Turn and cook for a few minutes or until soft enough to cut with a fork. Remove the pears to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Divide arugula among plates, top with pears (cut side up). Using a small ice cream scoop, add goat cheese to each pear. Add a little freshly ground pepper and drizzle generously with Cinnamon-Pear balsamic. Add a sprinkle of chives and enjoy!