Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients for the streusel
- ¼ cup certified gluten-free whole oats
- ¼ cup certified gluten-free oat flour*
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ginger
- ⅛ tsp. cloves
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. cold butter, cut into small cubes
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved**
- 1 ripe red pear, peeled, cored, and cut into half-inch chunks
- ¼ cup Gustare Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 7”x 5” (3 cup) baking dish with Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil and set aside.
- Prepare streusel topping. Toss together all dry ingredients and spices until well combined. Cut in cold butter to create pea-sized crumbs. Set aside.
- Prepare filling in separate bowl. Combine all ingredients and stir to coat.
Pour filling into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with streusel.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown, thickened and bubbling.
Allow to cool 5-8 minutes before serving.
- Top with vanilla bean ice cream for a truly amazing treat! Enjoy!
* No oat flour? Make your own! Just pulverize whole oats in a food processor to attain the desired flour-like consistency.
** If using frozen cherries, allow to defrost completely and strain liquid before adding to filling.