Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 tbsp. (4 ozs.) bourbon
- 2 tbsp. (4 ozs.) Gustare Ripe Summer Peach Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed overnight in the fridge
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. sugar
- In a small saucepan, add bourbon and balsamic and simmer until reduced by half, approximately 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out puff pastry into a circle, approximately ⅛-inch thick. (For ease, use an inverted 9-inch cake pan to make an impression and cut along the line.) First, cut circle in quarters and then cut each quarter in half to equal 8 wedges. At the rounded edge of the pastry, make two 1½-inch-long cuts and pull them slightly to open the cuts. Gently place wedges on parchment lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg and brush on the pastry. Sprinkle evenly with sugar and pecans. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately brush with bourbon/balsamic glaze and transfer to a rack to dry and cool. Enjoy!