Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Leek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 8 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp. 1830 Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 10-inch oven-safe casserole dish or tart pan with Leek olive oil. Set aside.
- Slice leeks in half lengthwise. Slice each half into ¼ inch thick half moons. Cover slices with cold water, then drain and rinse in a strainer. Repeat 2-3 times to ensure removal of any remnants of soil.
- Heat Leek olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add leeks and 2 pinches of 1830 Sea Salt. Reduce heat and cook leeks gently, stirring often, for approximately 10 minutes. The goal is to soften the leeks, but not brown them.
- Add mushrooms. Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are tender and excess liquid has evaporated.
- Add garlic and baby spinach. Allow to wilt but maintain brilliant color, approximately 1 minute.
- Whisk together eggs, yogurt and seasonings.
- Add fontina and cooked vegetables to egg mixture. Stir to evenly distribute.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until center just begins to set.
- Top with Parmigiano-Reggiano and bake another 10-15 minutes until fully set and cheese is melted. Enjoy!