Prep Time: 30 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 45-50 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2½ tbsp. Gustare Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil, plus more for roasting and drizzling
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, approx 2¼ pounds
- 1 head garlic, roasted (see note below)
- 1 shallot, quartered, roasted, then sliced (see note below)
- 2 red peppers, roasted, skinned and chopped (see note below)
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp. Gustare 12-Year Aged White Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. salt, plus more for roasting
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, plus more for roasting
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup freshly shredded Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup freshly shredded Romano cheese, plus more to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Massage flesh and skin with Milanese Gremolata olive oil and season both sides will salt and pepper. Place flesh side down on sheet tray brushed with Milanese Gremolata olive oil. Roast 35-45 minutes, or until fork tender. Allow to rest 10 min, until able to handle.
- While squash is roasting, toast pine nuts in dry sauté pan over medium high heat until golden and aromatic. Set aside.
- Once squash is slightly cooled, rake fork along flesh to remove spaghetti-like strands. Set aside.
- Heat 2½ tablespoons Milanese Gremolata olive oil in large sauté pan. Add whole cloves of roasted garlic, sliced roasted shallot, roasted peppers, 12-Year Aged balsamic, seasonings, lemon juice, and zest.
- Add spaghetti squash, toss, and heat through.
- Remove from heat, add cheeses, and stir to melt.
- To serve, drizzle with Milanese Gremolata olive oil, and finish with shredded Romano and toasted pine nuts. Enjoy!
- This dish presents as an impressive side, but it is certainly substantial enough to serve as a satisfying vegetarian entrée.
- Garlic, shallots, and red peppers can all be roasted ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. All vegetables were brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper prior to roasting.
- For garlic and shallot: peel off loose outer papery layers of garlic and trim ¼ inch off top of head. Remove all paper from shallot and cut into quarters. Brush both with olive oil and season. Wrap garlic and shallots separately in foil and roast 50-60 in preheated 350 degree oven, until tender.
- For peppers: cut in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Brush with olive oil and season. Place cut side down on sheet tray prepared with olive oil and roast 50 min in preheated 400 degree oven. Remove skin once cool enough to handle.