Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed, spun dry
- 4 tbsp. Gustare New England Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Barbaresco Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. good quality Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. finely minced shallots
- ½ tsp. salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked to a crisp and finely crumbled
- 4 tbsp. Gustare Frantoio Extra Virgin Olive Oil, or your favorite Gustare EVO varietal
- Place spinach in a large serving bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the New England Maple balsamic, wine vinegar, mustard, half the shallots, salt, pepper, and half the crumbled bacon.
- Gently warm while whisking. Remove from heat before it reaches a simmer. Allow to cool for a minute, and then whisk in the olive oil to emulsify. Adjust seasoning.
- Gently dress spinach with warm vinaigrette and top with remaining crumbled bacon and shallot. Serve warm. Enjoy!