Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound celery root, peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus additional
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream, warmed in a small pan
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, warmed with the cream
- 1½ tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Place potatoes and celery root quarters in a large saucepan, cover with cold water by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover when it comes to a boil and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. (You may need to reduce heat to avoid boil over.)
- Drain the vegetables and return them to the pot on very low heat to absorb excess water. Add 3 tablespoons of the Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil and begin mashing, followed by the warm cream/butter, until fairly smooth. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste. Correct for seasoning.
- To serve, spoon a mound of potatoes onto each plate making a very small well in the center. Pour about a teaspoon of Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil into the well. Serve immediately. Enjoy!