(Inspired by Catherine Walthers’ “Raising the Salad Bar”)
- 6-8 ozs. your favorite goat cheese (we love Vermont Creamery goat cheese)
- ½ tsp. pressed or very finely minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 baguette, sliced, or crackers
- Using either a mold or your hands, gently form the goat cheese into a slightly mounded disk.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic, lemon olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Place the round of cheese on a plate, season with freshly ground pepper and evenly pour the garlic/oil mixture over it.
- Cover plate and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, sliver the basil and sprinkle over the goat cheese. Serve with sliced baguette or your favorite crackers. Enjoy!
Note: Top the goat cheese round with fig or cherry spread. Drizzle Gustare Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar in dots or lines on the plate.