Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: some overnight
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 1 pound boneless, lean lamb leg, trimmed of all silver skin and sinew and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup+ 2 tbsp. Gustare Aceite Nuevo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut in 1-inch dice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cup red wine
- 1 pound dried Great Northern white beans, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes in juice
- 4 cups beef or chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- A 4-inch sprig of fresh rosemary
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Dredge the lamb in flour. In a large pot or Dutch oven with a lid, set over medium-high flame, heat ¼ cup of Aceite Nuevo olive oil.
- Evenly brown the lamb in the olive oil for about five minutes. Remove the lamb and add the onions and carrots. Sauté the vegetables for approximately 2 minutes until onions are translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute until fragrant. To the same pot add the wine, scraping all the browned bits of flour from the bottom of the pot. Simmer for approximately two minutes.
- Add the reserved lamb, pre-soaked beans, tomatoes, stock, bay leaves, rosemary and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning and place the covered pot in a preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and rosemary stems. Adjust for seasoning and serve the warm stew drizzled with additional olive oil and warm, crusty bread. Enjoy!