Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: Overnight to marinate plus 15 minutes to stand before cooking
Cook Time: approximately 20 minutes, depending on size
- 3-4 pounds chicken thighs and legs, rinsed and patted dry
- ¾ C Gustare Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil
- ¼ C Gustare Honey-Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ C soy sauce (low sodium)
- 3 Tbsp almond butter
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 4 scallions, sliced very thin, divided
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Place chicken pieces in a shallow glass baking dish* large enough to hold all the pieces and be covered with marinade.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil, Honey-Ginger Balsamic, soy sauce, almond butter and whisk until blended. Stir in garlic, ginger, 3 chopped scallions, zest, juice, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken turning pieces to be sure everything is coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook, remove chicken from fridge and let come to room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat grill on high (400-450º).
- Using indirect cooking, place chicken pieces on unlit side of the grill. Cook for 20 minutes, covered, turning once halfway through. Smaller pieces may take 15 minutes, turning halfway through. Internal temp should be 165°. Garnish with remaining chopped scallion before serving. Enjoy!
*Or, using a Zip Lock bag, add chicken pieces, remove excess air, seal tightly and massage a bit to coat all the pieces. Place in a dish and refrigerate at noted above.