Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: Overnight to marinade plus 15 minutes to stand before cooking
Cook Time:20-25 minutes
- 3-4 pounds chicken wings and drumettes, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup Gustare Japanese Toasted Sesame Oil
- ½ cup Gustare Honey-Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce (low sodium)
- 3 tbsp. almond butter
- 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced very thin, divided
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- Place chicken pieces in a shallow, glass baking dish large enough to hold all the pieces and be covered with marinade. In a small mixing bowl, combine Japanese Toasted Sesame oil, Honey-Ginger balsamic, soy sauce, and almond butter and whisk until blended. Stir in garlic, 3 chopped scallions, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken turning some of the pieces to be sure everything is coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. When ready to cook, remove chicken from fridge and let come to room temperature for 15 minutes. Preheat grill on high. Using indirect cooking, place chicken pieces on unlit side of the grill. Cook for 20 minutes, covered, turning once halfway through. Move chicken to cook directly over heat, uncovered, for an additional 3-5 minutes. Turn, if necessary, for even crispiness. Enjoy!