Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 3 medium sized golden beets
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. Gustare Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 medium Satsuma tangerines, 1 peeled and divided into segments, the other juiced
- 1 tbsp. Gustare Pomegranate-Quince Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 cups baby arugula, rinsed and spun dry
- ⅓ cup good quality blue cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Seasoned Croutons
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scrub the beets, removing any debris, roots and green parts. Place the beets on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to fully enclose the beets into a package. Drizzle the beets with 1 tablespoon of Arbequina olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Seal the package by crimping the foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast the beets for 1 hour or until tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Allow to cool and then peel. Cut the beets into six wedges and set aside.
- Just before serving, whisk the tangerine juice with the Pomegranate-Quince balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the remaining Arbequina olive oil to make a vinaigrette.
- Place arugula in a large bowl and gently toss with half of the vinaigrette and then transfer to a platter. Arrange the tangerine segments, golden beet wedges, and blue cheese over the arugula. Drizzle the rest of the dressing over the top, then add the croutons, and finish with freshly ground pepper, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!