Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1½ cup farro
- Sea salt
- ½ pound French green beans, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ¼ cup chopped chives (in half-inch pieces)
- 1 tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley
- ¼ cup your favorite Gustare extra virgin olive oil varietal
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Apricot Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Gustare Sherry Reserva Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. course Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves roasted garlic (see recipe online) or 2 fresh, pressed
- ¾ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- In a large saucepan, add 4 cups of cool water, 1 teaspoon sea salt and farro. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until farro is tender but slightly al dente, approximately 22-30 minutes. Drain and spread out in a large, shallow bowl to cool.
- Set a large bowl of ice water beside the stovetop. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil, stir in 1 teaspoon sea salt and green beans to cook for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to the ice bath for a couple of minutes. Remove and add to the cooled farro with the remaining vegetables and herbs.
- Add vinaigrette ingredients to a jar or container and shake like crazy until well blended. Pour over salad and toss to combine. Enjoy!
Note: This salad is just as delicious leftover.