Active Prep Time: 30-35 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Chilled glass bowl (medium)
- 1 dozen hard boiled eggs (see note below)
- 1 ripe avocado, halved lengthwise, seeded, flesh removed
- ⅛ cup Gustare Piedmont Honey & Pepper Balsamic
- ⅛ cup Gustare Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard (smooth)
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped, plus ½ tbsp. for garnish
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- Quart-sized Ziploc plastic bag or disposable piping bag
- Crack and peel each hard-boiled egg under cold, running water. Slice each egg in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks and place in chilled glass bowl. Set the egg whites on a serving platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- Combine avocado flesh with yolks and mash slightly. Add honey & pepper balsamic, chipotle olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, chives, and seasoning, mixing until smooth.
- Fill plastic bag with the mixture, seal and cut off about ½ inch of the corner (if not using a piping bag). Pipe evenly into egg white halves and sprinkle with remaining chives. Enjoy!
Notes: For the best hard boiled eggs, place eggs in saucepan and cover with cool water by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Immediately remove from heat and allow to sit for 10 minutes. The result is a bright, yellow egg yolk that is tender, moist and delicious.