Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Approximately 36 cookies, 1 rounded tablespoon each
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup your favorite Gustare extra virgin olive oil varietal (Phoenician, Arbequina or other)
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1¾ cup high quality 63% dark chocolate chips, such as Guittard
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Wellfleet Sea Salt, to taste
- Whisk sugars, eggs and vanilla approximately 30 seconds, until no lumps of sugar remain and mixture is thick, smooth, and light. Allow it to rest several minutes and repeat process twice.
- Drizzle olive oil slowly into egg mixture while whisking to fully incorporate.
- Combine dry ingredients in separate bowl, then add to batter all at once. Mix until just combined, being certain to scrape bottom of bowl to ensure that all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans. Mix until just combined and evenly distributed.
- Chill dough for 1 hour or up to a week.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop cookies onto sheet tray brushed with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes, or until golden, with edges set and center slightly soft. Remember, carry-over cooking continues after cookies are removed from the oven.
- Cool on wire rack if you can stand the wait. Otherwise, enjoy a warm, soft, chewy, gooey cookie right away!
Note: Dough can be chilled in the refrigerator for up to a week before baking or frozen for 2-3 months. Defrost completely prior to baking. Baked cookies may be frozen for 2-3 months as well. Just pull out what you need whenever you have a craving!