Prep Time: 45 min
Yield: Approximately 1 qt, Serves 4-6
Dietary Specifications: Vegan, Gluten Free
4 stalks broccoli
½C julienne or shredded carrots
½C thinly sliced purple cabbage
½C thinly sliced red onion
1 clove garlic, pressed
1½ Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
1½ tsp fresh ginger root, grated
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
zest ½ lime
¾ tsp Cape Cod Sea Salt
½ tsp black pepper
3 Tbsp almonds, toasted and chopped
- Peel tough outer layer of broccoli stalks. Cut into matchsticks approximately 2” in length. You should yield approximately 2 cups.
- Combine broccoli, carrots, cabbage, and red onion in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic, juice, zest, and seasonings, until well combined.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat. Allow to marinate 20-30 minutes to enhance flavor but maintain vivid color.
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds just before serving.
Slaw is best eaten on the day it is made. While it stays crunchy overnight, colors bleed together after extensive marinade time and become less vivid.
Serve seared tuna on a bed of this citrusy, gingery slaw. My mouth is watering already!
It is also a delicious accompaniment for grilled swordfish or salmon.
Add a surprising crunch and twist of flavor to a sandwich wrap!
It is refreshing as a cold veggie salad all on its own!